Scholarship Opportunity for MSN and DNP/PhD students!
This announcement has 1 attachment:
On behalf of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Houston Chapter, we are pleased to offer two scholarships this year of $1000 each to two of the most outstanding students enrolled in a Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN), a Doctorate of Nursing (DNP) or enrolled in a Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD) program. We would like to recognize students for their hard work, perseverance and nursing excellence. This donation serves as our chapter’s way of promoting both nursing education and profession. Funds will be paid directly to the recipient and can be utilized for books, tuition, or other college fees. Please note that the scholarship award may change in future years.
In order for the scholarship to be allotted, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Currently enrolled in a MSN (FNP or PNP only), DNP or PhD program
- Completed at least 1 year in either of the above mentioned programs (preferred)
- Interested in pursuing a career in pediatrics (preferred)
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) equivalent of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Community Service involvement and/or scholarly activity (preferred)
- One letter of recommendation from a nursing school professor
- 250-500 word essay on why the applicant is interested in nursing, what he/she wants to accomplish in their career, and/or why he/she deserves the scholarship
- First time scholarship recipient only! Any previous award winners are ineligible to reapply.
- NAPNAP Houston Chapter membership is highly preferred
- NAPNAP Houston Chapter Board members are eligible to apply
Deadline for the scholarship application is May 1st, 2021. We plan to announce the winners on May 15th. Please email all entries for the scholarship opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your phone number or an alternate method of contact, so we can make sure to reach you!
Rochelle Thomas - NAPNAP Houston Chapter Student Liaison & the NAPNAP Houston Chapter Board Members